THE ELEVATOR PITCH
I’m an ecommerce consultant with a strong technology and commercial skillset working with online retailers and brands in London and the South East. In a nutshell I help you to sell more online by helping you to understand how best to translate your technical investment into commercial goals.
With experience gained in corporate technology teams, marketing companies, and frontline trading with ecommerce merchants I have a truly cross functional skillset that enables me to build bridges between you, your agency, and your internal teams.
Coming to the industry from a technical discipline before the first dot com boom, I have over fifteen years experience selling online, managing and developing transactional websites. But before I launch into a thousand words here is a picture…
Since leaving the world of Formula 1 and supercars with the McLaren Group, where at various times I led all ecommerce and web properties, I have immersed myself in the ecom scene taking positions on the senior management team first with luxury jewellery retailer Astley Clarke and later with premium maternity & womenswear brands Isabella Oliver and Baukjen.
During my time as an FTE I met a wide range of consultants, some good, some utterly worthless. It soon became apparent that my background not only in building websites but actually selling stuff on them too could fill a gap in the market so at the beginning of 2013 I created Exceptional Commerce Limited and went out into the world offer my services as an ecommerce consultant.
But I’m not just a consultant in the traditional sense of the word, you won’t find me giving you a list of things you already know*, expecting you to do all the implementation yourself, and leaving you with a huge bill (and of course nobody has ever encountered a consultant who does that amirite?**). I don’t mind getting my hands dirty and I can refresh the parts other consultants can’t reach.
Some examples of the ways in which I have been able to bring my experience to bear on businesses I have been working with over the past couple of years include
- Bespoke web development and platform enhancements (Ecom Website, ERP, Integrations)
- Benchmarking channel & trading performance and recommending suppliers, process and team structures to maximise revenue
- On-site conversion optimisation and online marketing channel optimisation
- eCommerce platform training and configuration assistance
- Site technical audit and opportunity evaluation. Google Analytics audit, configuration and training. On-site SEO audit
- Benchmarking the performance and working relationships with third party suppliers, introducing partners with greater ROI
- Supplier selection and RFP processes
- Re-platform project management, cutover and migration planning
- Recruitment of key personnel to the ecommerce team including Head of Ecommerce and CTO level
- Site structure, UI, taxonomy and design workshops
I sincerely believe that working with me will provide your ecommerce team with a competitive advantage. Why not reach out today? Often the advice I give away for free would cost you hundreds if not thousands of pounds from another ecommerce consultant. It could be the best thing you do for your business this week.
* A friend once described his experience with a consultant as “like asking someone to tell you the time on your own wristwatch”
** They also like buzzwords and metaphors. I prefer plain English explanations and actionable recommendations.